Thursday 24 October 2013

Wooden Headed Wooden Bench






I was on way to school  on my thriller. Let me introduce whose thriller? It’s my bi-cycle where I had spent some great moments on it since I was 10 . Peddling….peddling…..Ah! Half way to school and as usual my friend joined me; characteristically we have been on this since we both earned our cycles.

Me: Hi! Ashish.

He : Hey Buddy !

Me: How about yours preparation regarding today’s exam.

He: I am good. Just went over the syllabus. And how you are doing?

Me: Good..!

He: Sounds great. Then you will be helping me today with the exam.

Me: Let’s see…..!

 So we had some talk regarding exam. We completed our morning sessions exam and I was a bit low since I marked 2 bits wrong. We came to our class to get ourselves prepared for the afternoon session one.

Hey ‘Ashish….!’ How about yours? Uh..! I left a couple of bits. We walked into our classroom. We are having good time, teasing each other and making fun of each other since we are the last benchers of our class. Our actions have levelled up. We started pulling out each other shirts. He was in lead by one shot in pulling my shirt. A triplet of girls sat in our front row.  They suddenly gazed at us, we felt a bit awkward, stopped our actions and started studying. Then suddenly a voice screamed from the front. Hey…! Ashish could you please come here.

Ashish was sitting left to me and I was at the corner of the bench. So he had to cross me from behind. Evil thought persisted on my mind in order to secure the leading point so that we would be equal. He stood on the bench and was crossing me and I pulled his shirt. He jerked with a sound and jumped when I took out his shirt. Ashish went high and landed wounded on his fore-head in a fraction of seconds by hitting the bench in front of us.

I screamed out Aa…shish! Blood rushed out of his head. The girls got frightened in seeing the blood and raised over their voices. I and some of my friends took Ashish to cleanse his wound. Water ran in my eyes. I thought that I will be screwed today. One of our lecturer investigated about the accident and we had given the false statement. Ashish was taken to hospital.It was lunch time. I sat with my friends and Ashish was missing. Nothing gulped into my mouth. I was experiencing the guilt and the incident rewound on my eyes.

I need to give exam in the afternoon. Still Ashish has not entered the examination hall. I am unable to concentrate. Finally my pal arrived after 30 min with a band aid covered over his fore head. I was numb struck and the situation became better in a couple of minutes. School ends for the day after the exam end. I and Ashish came out of our school gate and was shocked to see his Dad. He asked me “Are you Jayanth!” ‘ Yes! Uncle. And I’m really sorry and it has happened unknowingly’. He hasn’t said anything. He just chuckled.

Me: Ashish! I’m sorry yar.

He: No issues dude. Lite.

Me: What did the doctor say.

He: He just stitched the wound, gave tablets and asked for a visit after two days to undress the wound.

Me: Oh! Ouch! May be you were hurt while they dressed your wound.

He: They gave anaesthesia man.

We departed after half way from school.

I was badly disturbed. I haven’t said anything to my Mom nor to my Dad. I was low all the rest of the day. I marked and remembered the day. It’s 3rd September.
I had seen Ashish again on Teachers Day (5Th Sept). His wound was undressed. A scratch can be seen on his fore head as a remark of the stitched one.
This information will remain secret unless my parents read this.                  


Thanks for viewing......! 


~Jay
 










1 comment:

  1. Dude i was d class leader den.. D class has ended, so i was going to mind d class when all dis has happened..
    I too still remember this incident :D n btw thanx for dis blog.. I'm gonna cherish it forever :)

    ReplyDelete